On the 3rd of October, 2003 it was decided to establish the Interregional Industrial Association of Employers of the Power Sector.
On the 3rd of November, 2003 the Association was registered in accordance with the Labor code and Federal law "About associations of employers". On the 15th of March, 2004 the Association acquired an All-Russian status and since then it has been operating as an All-Russian Industry Association of Employers of the Power Sector (RaEl Association).
The mission of RaEl Association is to promote the development of electric power industry by representing and protecting the interests of employers in social-labor, economic and other fields, in relation with trade unions, state authorities, local government bodies, in development and implementation of coordinated socially responsible policy of the organizations - members of the Association.
The main goals of the Association of Employers in the Power are:
1. Protection and promotion of the interests of employers of electric power industry, including relations with public authorities and trade unions, consolidation of employers’ total resource to influence socioeconomic policy of the state.
2. Regulation of social-labor relations in the power industry, increase of efficiency of social partnership, helping to maintain social stability in labor collectives of the power companies with regard to improving the effectiveness of investments in personnel and human capital development.
3. Research and methodological support of energy companies in the field of social, labor and associated economic relations, including in the sphere of employment, wages, labor protection, social insurance, pension provision of employees, implementation of social programs and other questions of socioeconomic nature.
4. Organization of systematic dialogue with tariff-regulating bodies at Federal and regional levels in order to promote the adoption of tariff decisions ensuring the fulfillment of social obligations of employers.
5. Development of cooperation with employers' associations in other fields of economic activity, foreign employers' organizations, international organizations in the field of labor.
The Association includes:
Energy companies included in the Association work in all 9 federal districts, in 83 regions of the country and represent all available in the power industry activities:
· thermal generation (wholesale and territorial generating companies)
· alternative generation,
· supervisory management,
· isolated power systems of the Far East regions,
· heat supply,
· energy distribution and energy service companies.
The total number of labor collectives of membership organizations is more than 350 000 workers.
Today RaEl Association is the largest association of employers in the energy industry in terms of number of regions of presence of member organizations and their structural units, number of employees in labor relations with them, and also in terms of the overall economic potential of the companies - members of the Association.
The leaders of the main activities of RaEl Association
RaEl Association CEO was Oleg Vasilyevich Kulikov from the start of the Association’s activities until the spring of 2012.
A great contribution to the development of Rael Association was made by Deputy CEO Alexander Nikolaevich Lugovoy (2004 - 2009).
From 20 April 2012 Director General is Arkady Viktorovich Zamoskovny, working in the RaEl Association since January 2004.
On the 20th of November, 2013 RaEl Association was awarded a diploma and the Cup of the Ministry of Energy of the Russian Federation "For achievements in the field of human capital development, effective work in formation of long-term social and labor relationship in the power sector on the basis of the Industry Tariff Agreement for 2013-2015 years”
State Secretary - Deputy Minister of Energy of Russian Federation U.P. Seturin hands out awards to RaEl Association CEO A.V. Zamoskovny. Moscow, 20th of November, 2013.
RaEl Association: The Power of Protect. The Energy of Progress.